Polygons to centroids
Creates a new point layer, with points representing either centroids or points on surface of the input polygon layer.
Tool creates a new point layer, with points representing either centroids or points on surface of the input polygon layer. The centroid - is a single point representing the barycenter of the polygon - can be outside the feature borders. The point on surface - returns a point that is guaranteed to lie on the surface of the polygon geometry. The attributes of the points in the output layer are the same as for the original polygon features.
Keywords: vector, polygon, point, centroid, point on surfaces
- Input dataset or datasets - Requires vector polygon dataset or datasets.
- Select type of point to generate from polygons - Select either centroid or point on surface.
- Separate point for each part of MultiPolygons - Create one point for each part of MultiPolygon geometries?
- Output format - Select file format for data to download.
Vector layer with rectangular grid geometry.
- 2021-03-17 14:02 - The tool has been created.