Dissolve layer based on attribute/attributes
Merge geometry of the layer based on equal value/values of attribute/attributes. Attributes not selected for dissolving are removed from the layer.
The tool merges geometries based on equality of value/values of attribute/attributes. The example is shown on the animation below where six polygons with three unique values exist prior to the dissolve. After the dissolve only three polygons exist. Optionally, it is possible to select if all geometries with the same attribute value should be merged into single object or if only spatially continual geometries should be merged into single object. Attributes that are not used as dissolve attributes are removed, as they tend to loose meaning after the spatial merge.
Keywords: vector, file, layer, lines, polygon, point, dissolve
- Input vector dataset - Requires a vector dataset.
- Select file with dissolve layer - Select a single datasource from input files.
- Select dissolve layer - Select the specific layer by for dissolve.
- Fields to use in dissolve - Fields to use in dissolve
- Merge only spatially continual geometries? - Should only spatially continual geometries with same attributes be merged together (checked) or should all geometries with the same attributes (unchecked) be merged. Checking this will create single geometries, leaving this unchecked allows creation of multi geometries.
- Output format - Select vector file format for data to download.
Resulting file/files with data.
This tool was created by a third-party developer. Our company is not responsible for the functionality of this tool. For any issues related to this tool, please contact this developer:
- 2022-02-03 10:36 - The tool has been created.