Google Location History - extract visited places
Extracts the places you have visited according to data recorded by Google Location History service to spreadsheets formats CSV or MS Excel and vector formats ESRI Shapefile, GeoJSON, GPKG or SQLite/SpatiaLite.
The tool extracts the places you have visited according to data recorded by Google Location History service. Just upload KML or JSON files that you can download from Google Takeout website and set which parameters you want to use to select your visited places.
You can set the specific time period or area in which you want to identify the visited places or not specify the area at all, and you'll get all the places from around the world for the specified time period.
You can also select to get Original estimated locations by Google or locations of visited places computed on original data (based on spatio-temporal analysis). If you select the second option, you can choose whether the resulting information about the places visited will be detailed (even short stops lasting only a few minutes, e.g. waiting for public transport), less detailed (only visits lasting tens of minutes to a few hours) or just a rough estimate of the most important places visited.
To your resulting data you can also add an attribute with the name of the location you were to for each place you visited.
If you want to get all the source points extracted from the raw Google Location data (one very long line) that was the basis for determining the visited places, you can select the option and export these points to a separate file.
Finally, you can select the output data file format. You can choose from spreadsheets formats CSV or MS Excel and vector formats ESRI Shapefile, GeoJSON, GPKG or SQLite/SpatiaLite.
Some of the above-mentioned parameters may not appear. It depends on what input data is being processed.
The processing of location data is strictly anonymous.
Keywords: google, location, history, extract, kml, csv, xlsx
- Input Google location history data - Upload Google location history data exported from Google Takeout
- Period of interest - Set the time extent within which you want to process your data. E.g. last week means last 7 days of the full time range.
- Start date - All visits before this date will be discarded.
- End date - All visits after this date will be discarded.
- Draw area of interest - Pick the rectangle icon and draw a polygon to define area of interest
- Visited places determination method - What data source shoud be used for extraction of visited places
- Level of accuracy for searching visited places - More detailed means more resulting places. Choose whether the resulting information about the visited places will be detailed (even short stops only a few minutes long, such as waiting for a public transport), less detailed (only visits lasting tens of minutes to several hours) or just a rough estimate of the most important visited places.
- Add location name - Adds an attribute (column) with location name for each visited place.
- Export source points - Exports source points extracted from the raw KML/JSON data (one long line) to a separate file.
- Output format - Select file format of output data.
Visited places as a spreadsheet or a point vector layer.
- 2021-10-05 12:02 - Bug fixes
- 2021-05-31 14:43 - The tool has been created.