Geotagged photos to KMZ
Creates an interactive photo viewer in Google Earth map from your photos. The tool converts GPS position (geotag) recorded in your photos to the point markers in KMZ file and shows the photo in a description popup after clicking the marker. It also generates a polyline of your route - based on timestamps.
The tool extracts GPS location from metadata of every single photo you upload and creates point markers to a KMZ file. The photo is included in the KMZ file so it is possible to display the photo after clicking at the marker (you must be using Google Earth software). Also a polyline between points is generated - based on the order you were shooting your pictures - using timestamp.
The basic premise to capture a photo with geotag is that the camera has a GPS receiver and allows to write the geotag to photo's EXIF metadata (every mobile phone can do that at this time and most of the cameras).
Example of use - It's an easy way to see where you’ve been during your holiday and what you have seen there.
- Upload your Geotagged photos having geotag (GPS position tag in EXIF metadata). You can either 'Drag & Drop' your pictures from local storage into the browser window or simply browse your device and upload your photos in a traditional way.
- Then the uploaded data are verified and you are able to adjust some settings in the next step of the process. You can resize the input photos to a defined percentage of the original size, optionally you can resize the input photos to a defined maximum width and height - in pixels. It is recommended to have a size below 500 pixels. You can also choose to create a KMZ file with embedded images or a separate KML file with an external photo folder. Finally, it is possible to define whether the photos (tags) in KMZ should be arranged in separate folders by date (according to calendar days).
- In the last step, you will start processing your photos and after a while you will be able to download the resulting KMZ file, which you can view in Google Earth.
Keywords: geotag, gps, photos, kmz, google earth
- Geotagged photos - Requires photos having geotag (GPS position tag in EXIF metadata)
- Maximal images size (pixels) - Resize input photos to defined maximal width and height - in pixels.
- Select where the resulting file will be used - Which software do you want to open the file in?
- Include photos to KMZ - Create KMZ file with embedded images or KML file with external photos folder instead?
- Organize markers by date - Should the photos (markers) in KMZ be organized into folders by date?
Produces KMZ file with integrated photos or optionally a KML file with photos in external directory.
- 2021-10-05 12:07 - Bug fixes
- 2020-11-16 09:13 - The tool has been created.