DEM from SRTM
Allows to download high-resolution digital elevation model from SRTM project. The area of interest can be defined by uploading vector geodata file or by drawing the area on a map. Output DEM can be downloaded in various coordinate systems and formats (GeoTIFF, ArcInfo ASCII grid, GPKG, XYZ).
The tool allows user to get digital elevation models (DEM) on a near-global scale from 56°S to 60°N, originating from SRTM project - NASA Shuttle Radar Topography Mission Version 3.0 (SRTM). The resolution of DEM is 1-arc second (30 meters). The area of interest can be defined by uploading a polygon vector file in all common GIS formats, or by drawing the area on a map. There are several output raster formats that can be selected to download the DEM - e.g. GeoTIFF, ArcInfo ASCII Grid, ESRI .hdr Labelled, GeoPackage, Golden Software 7 Binary Grid (.grd), ASCII Gridded XYZ or USGS Optional ASCII DEM. It is possible to transform the resulting DEM to all common coordinate systems.
Note: USGS ASCII DEM output format requires UTM projection or a geographic coordinate system only.
Keywords: dem, srtm, elevation, model, raster, grid
- Area of interest - Define the area of interest to download the DEM from.
- Layer to use as clipping area - Selection of layer used as clipping area.
- Select the crop of the resulting raster - Crops the DEM by the original polygon shape or by a bounding rectangle of the shape.
- Cell size - Cell size of the output raster.
- Select cell size unit - In which units the cell size is specified.
- Output coordinate system - Choose what coordinate system the output data should be in. Default coordinate system is set to WGS 84, unless you choose different.
- Output format - File format of output data.
Raster DEM file in selected file format and coordinate system.
- 2021-03-17 14:01 - The tool has been created.